1. ExPASy: A proteomics server of the Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics (SIB) which analyzes protein sequences and structures and two-dimensional gel electrophoresis (2-D Page electrophoresis). The server functions in collaboration with the European Bioinformatics Institute. ExPASy also produces the protein sequence knowledgebase, UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot, and its computer annotated supplement, UniProtKB/Trembl.
<2> Palmitoylation site prediction:
1. CSS-Palm 1.0: The old version of CSS-Palm program. We acknowledge all users for their supports and patience in the past two years.
2. NBA-Palm 1.0: Previously, we also developed an alternative predictor for palmitoylation sites prediction. Several machine learning algorithms, such as Naive Bayesian, SVM (Support Vector Machine) and Artificial Neural Network (RBF), were employed and compared. Finally, the Naive Bayesian algorithm (NBA) was used for its outstanding performance.
<3> Myristoylation site prediction:1. NMT: N-Myristoylation site predictor. An excellent online web server for N-Myristoylation site prediction.
2. Myristoylator: prediction of N-terminal myristoylation of proteins by neural networks.
3. PlantsP: Plant-Specific Myristoylation Predictor.
<4> Prenylation site Prediction:
1. PrePS: Prenylation Prediction Suite. An high-profile program for prediction of Protein CaaX Farnesylation, CaaX Geranylgeranylation and Rab Geranylgeranylation sites.
<5> Glycosylphosphatidylinositol (GPI)-anchor prediction:
1. GPI-SOM: Identification of GPI-anchor signals by a Kohonen Self Organizing Map .
2. big-PI Predictor: GPI Modification Site Prediction.